When you apply for Gainesville off-campus housing, you can either choose your roommates or have them chosen for you. If your friends are going to the same school, this might seem like the perfect opportunity to live with people that you already know. However, living with your friends can tear apart friendships if you’re not careful.
Pros and Cons of Living with Your Friends in a Student Apartmen
Under the right circumstances, living with your friends can be the adventure of a lifetime. Here are some of the advantages of living with your friends:
- You won’t have to worry about being matched with roommates that you don’t like.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a stronger friendship.
- You can offer each other support during the semester.
- You won’t have to leave your friends behind when you go away to college.
However, some people aren’t meant to live together. Here are some of the drawbacks of choosing your friends as roommates:
- You might find it harder to set boundaries.
- If you fight with your roommates, it could ruin your friendship.
- You’ll have fewer opportunities to meet new people and make new friends.
- You might miss the chance to become fully independent.
Contact Lark Gainesville to apply for off-campus housing near Gainesville. You might be eligible for a discount if you apply early enough. They also offer virtual tours through their social media pages. Check out the list of features for more information on the features and amenities.