Your home is one of the most important places to make simple changes. One of those changes is using non-toxic cleaners.
A non-toxic floor cleaner is a must have for anyone with infants and pets. If most people knew that the average cleaning product used in daily routine home and office cleaning contained toxins that are harmful, they would switch to a non-toxic floor cleaner.
In studies published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health have shown that people who are exposed to organic solvents in floor cleaners high a much higher risk of liver toxicity, otherwise known as hepatitis. This is because the chemicals in floor cleaners are metabolized in the liver. When the liver attempts to clean these toxins from the body, it creates toxic metabolites which is the main cause of liver damage.
The incredibly sad part of this study is it is not just people who work with floor cleaners. Anyone who has skin to cleaning-product contact is in danger of absorbing the toxins through the skin in which the liver needs to cleanse. This means infants and children playing on the floor and pets are also in danger.
This is not a new issue. The CDC and the National Institute for Health have known about this issue for decades.
Non-Toxic Floor Cleaners
Some people may laugh when you say you are going green. But it is not funny. Approximately 4.5 million people have been diagnosed with liver damage. Of those, 1.1 million developed cirrhosis due to chemical exposure and 20% of the 1.1 million developed liver damage as an infant.
Non-toxic floor cleaners are vital to the health and safety of our family, friends, and pets.
No one can completely avoid exposure to toxic chemicals, but you can significantly reduce your exposure by using non-toxic floor cleaners when you clean.